Tuesday, 6 March 2018
Bowl with r125
To get started I used a permanent marker with the assistance of the wooden circle outlines, and traced where I would be cutting the metal. I decided to make a smaller ball so I could focus on form and shape over size. I then used the tin snips to cut around the circle carefully making sure I did not leave any sharp metal bits sticking out. The file then allowed me to get rid of any sharp edges so when I was smacking and smahping my bowl with the hammer I would not cut myself. The various mallets shrunk the metal and startee creating the form of a bowl. Finally, I continuously used the english wheel until the bowl had been formed getting rid of any imperfections or creases the bowl showed.
This lesson was really fun and moving and stretching the metal was extremely fascinating! The English wheel and the mallet were the most useful tools I found me and allowed me to bend the stretch to create that 125 bend. Looking forward to the next module.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment